Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First Post!

Hello all! Welcome to my new blog: The Art Of Woodturning

 This blog is dedicated to advancing woodturning by distributing information on techniques and ideas I use to create works of turned/carved art. Information should be free, and freely available to anyone that is interested. I'll be updating often, as I'm always busy with some kind of project.

Today, I've just uploaded my first Youtube video as well. You can check it out here. It is the first part of a series of in-depth videos detailing all the processes I must complete, in order to make my imaginings a reality. There's as much talking as there is turning or carving, as I try to explain each step, from envisioning curves INSIDE the wood before you start cutting, to how I finish the piece, and everything in between.

My hope is that someone watching these videos or reading this blog, will try some of these techniques and be able to come up with a truly original work of art.



Peace!


Dave

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dave
    I enjoyed your video and am looking forward to seeing more.Everything I have learned about turning has come from internet articles and watching hundreds of videos and I'm always looking for new ideas and techniques.
    Thanks
    Leroy Coblentz

    ReplyDelete